TRIPAWDS: Home to 14156 Members and 1266 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Tripawds Supporter sites have no ads!

Tripawds is a user-supported community. Thank you for your support!

I’m not sure how to post on Fortis’s  Blog, so I put this on Cooper’s blog & hope you see it, Brett & Pattie! I wrote it, just for you guys!

A PRAYER FOR YOU

Broken hearts,
Broken dreams,
How can we go on,
We’re up in arms.

Our feet take deft steps,
We walk in a maze,
We need you, dear Lord,
To give us Grace.

Our mind’s a blank,
Our tomorrows-hard to face;
Help us, Dear Lord,
We need -to see your Face.

As we walk our empty house,
We see his stuff ,
We want him back,
We didn’t have him nearly long enough!

We Greave for us!
We Blame ourselves!
Deep in our hearts,
We knew it was time!

We loved him SOO!
He was our Angel;
Here on earth.

Father, we need your help!
We need your care!

Help us through this!
It’s almost too much to bear!

I know -he now walks,
The Golden Streets
Help us, Father,
To give him into your care!

Copyright 2011 Faith Blackburn
All Rights reserved

Written 1-15-2011

For Fortis’s “Pawrents”- With Love in Christ.  I know your grief! Each Angel God blesses us with, to give them up,-is total heart break! I pray for God’s Peace! Please know we are here for you!

P.S. Please feel free to copy this to your blog, if you like. This Poem was written for you guys!

To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!

10 Responses to “A Prayer for You! To Fortis’s Pawrents! A Tribute To Our Dear Friends!!”

1. Ginger said:

That was just beautiful. Fortis will live long in the hearts of those he touched – in person and here on Tripawds.

2. admin said:

This is beautiful. Thank you!

FYI: You can’t publish posts on other members’ blogs, unless they have added you as an author. You can, however, post comments which you might consider doing on Fortis’ last post to ensure Brett and Pattie see this.

3. coopsmom said:

Thank You!! I did just that! 🙂

4. fortis2 said:

Faith,

I don’t even know where to begin. This is one of the most beautiful things anyone has ever done for us. The verses are so true and express many of the feelings we have had over the past two weeks and still have today. We are grateful for every prayer that has been said for us during this difficult time but to have you take the time to right this poem so personal for us just made our hearts melt. Of course I cry every time I read it, but there is something so peaceful about the words it leaves me feeling better at the end. What a gift to have such kind friends in our life as you, Ken and of course big dog Coop. 🙂

Thank you so so much!

Pattie & Brett

5. coopsmom said:

Pattie & Brett,
    Thanks for the kind words! I don’t write tons of poetry, but I do my best, when I’m feeling the most emotional. I don’t always get on the Tripods site, but Ken keeps me updated. Fortis has been such an inspiration to us, and we’ve followed his story, as we’ve learned to take care of Coops. I feel like we know a lot of those on the Tripod site & there is a sense of family with each member. I feel God gave me your poem. I’m glad you like it & hope it helps in your healing.

I’d like thank you for all the inspiration Fortis has made to our lives! I feel like we knew him & my heart is sad, also. 🙁

I hope you stay on the site, because his story has helped so many people & we value your friendship.
    Our prayers are with you!
    Love in God,
    Faith

6. jerry said:

Wow, what a beautiful, beautiful poem. It is simply unforgettable. Thank you so much for your very generous gift, not just to Fortis but to all of us here. xoxo